Sunday 8 January 2012

Buick1910 Early Squid Adopters TouchSquid Review

Here is a TouchSquid Customer Testimonial as posted by Buick 1910 (perhaps an antique car enthusiast?) on the AVS Forum thread 21418272 post #40:



"I am one of the Early Adopters now using my own TouchSquid. I am not an employee of TouchSquid Technologies! I have had my unit since December 21st and have been using it extensively ever since. My system consists of a Sony TV, Bose V10 Audio system, Oppo DVD Upscaler and Sony CD player. I can happily report that the Squid controls all of them!

The setup of the Squid is very simple when you understand what you are doing. It took me a few minutes to figure that out but once I did everything progressed smoothly. I have taken advantage of the creation of the favourites and see that you can create up to 24 per page, not 15 as originally conceived. Since owning my unit there have been several upgrades to the software and I can honestly say that upgrading a Squid is the easiest upgrade you will ever do. You simply download the upgrade into your device, click on the downloaded file, accept that you want to upgrade and that's it. You DO NOT lose any of your setups in this process so the whole thing, including download time, only takes a couple of minutes. The other thing that impresses me about this device is the responsiveness of the developer. Whenever I have had a question or concern I hear back from them very quickly, usually within the hour!

One very handy feature of the device is being able to surf the net from it. We have used that feature several times now when watching a movie that we wanted to know some history about one of the actors.

I am very happy with my unit and will be buying a second one so my wife and I can play dueling remotes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment